Welcome to Deja Vu Med Spa & Salon!
Deja Vu Med Spa is founded on the idea that the highest quality skin care be provided in a comfortable, relaxing environment. We are an innovator in the skincare industry and offer the newest products, services and state-of-the-art equipment. Come join our dedicated professional and highly skilled trained staff as we welcome you to take part in our peaceful and relaxing atmosphere for spa and salon services!
Contact Deja Vu Med Spa & Salon for Body Wrap, Botox, Chemical Peels, Collagen, Facials, Hair Salons, Haircuts, Juvederm, Laser Hair Removal, Makeup, Medical Spa, Microdermabrasion, Non Surgical Face Lift, Permanent Makeup, Photofacial, Salon, Sclerotherapy, Skin Care, Spa, and Waxing. Proudly supporting the areas of Altadena, Arcadia, Azusa, Bradbury, Duarte, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Gabriel, Sierra Madre, Temple City, and surrounding areas.
Contact Deja Vu Med Spa & Salon for Body Wrap in Monrovia, Botox in Monrovia, Chemical Peels in Monrovia, Collagen in Monrovia, Facials in Monrovia, Hair Salons in Monrovia, Haircuts in Monrovia, Juvederm in Monrovia, Laser Hair Removal in Monrovia, Makeup in Monrovia, Medical Spa in Monrovia, Microdermabrasion in Monrovia, Non Surgical Face Lift in Monrovia, Permanent Makeup in Monrovia, Photofacial in Monrovia, Salon in Monrovia, Sclerotherapy in Monrovia, Skin Care in Monrovia, Spa in Monrovia, Waxing in Monrovia, and in surrounding areas.
Below is some general information about Monrovia:
Monrovia is a city located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in the San Gabriel Valley of Los Angeles County, California, United States. The population was 36,590 at the 2010 census, down from 36,929 at the 2000 census. Monrovia has been used for filming TV shows, movies and commercials. Monrovia is the fourth oldest general law city in Los Angeles County and the L.A. Basin (after Los Angeles, Santa Monica, and Pasadena). Incorporated in 1887, Monrovia has grown from a sparse community of orange ranches to a residential community of 37,000. Around 500 BC, a band of Shoshonean-speaking Indians established settlements in what is now the San Gabriel Valley. They were called the Gabrieli–o Indians by early Spanish explorers, and are now referred to as the Tongva. The Tongva were not farmers; they gathered wild seeds, berries, and plants along rivers and in marshlands. Abundant oaks in the Valley, such as Coast Live Oak and Interior Live Oak provided a staple of the Tongva diet: acorn
In 1769, when all California was claimed by the King of Spain, Europeans first visited the San Gabriel Valley, including Monrovia. An expedition from San Diego passed through en route to Monterey Bay, commanded by Don Gaspar Portola. Accompanying Portola were a Franciscan Father from Father Junipero Serra’s Franciscan order of Mexico, and Juan Cresp’, the expedition’s diarist. Much of what is known of early California is known only from Crespi’s detailed descriptions. In 1771, the Franciscans established the Mission San Gabriel Arcangel in the San Gabriel Valley. The mission was a resting point for early California travelers and gathered most of the native Tongva into an agricultural lifestyle. Following the Mexican Revolution in 1839, the mission lands were nationalized. In 1841, California Governor Juan Alvarado gave Rancho Azusa de Duarte to Andres Duarte, a Mexican soldier, and he gave Rancho Santa Anita to Hugo Reid, a naturalized Mexican citizen of Scottish birth. Monrovia is made of parts of these two ranchos.
In the mid-19th century, most of Rancho Azusa de Duarte was subdivided and sold by Duarte to settle his debts. Some of those parcels became part of the ranch of William N. Monroe, Monrovia’s namesake. Rancho Santa Anita changed hands several times before the multimillionaire, silver baron and rancher, E.J. Lucky Baldwin acquired it in 1875. That same year his Los Angeles Investment Company began subdividing and selling parcels from many of his ranchos. In 1883, 240 acres of Rancho Santa Anita were sold to Monroe for $30,000. Additional parcels of Rancho Santa Anita were sold to Edward F. Spence, John D. Bicknell, James F. Crank, and J.F. Falvey. The completion of the Santa Fe and Southern Pacific railroads to Southern California would bring new people looking for homes and investment opportunities. With this in mind, Monroe, Spence, Bicknell, Crank, and Falvey combined their land under the business name of the Monrovia Land and Water Company in 1886. The combined lots formed the Town of Monrovia Subdivision. The original borders of the Town of Monrovia Subdivision were Canyon Boulevard to the east, Walnut Avenue to the south, Magnolia Avenue to the west, and Lime Avenue to the north. The subdivision was subdivided into 600 500-foot by 160-foot lots and sold. The town was incorporated in 1887 under the leadership of prohibitionists who wished to control the arrival of an unwelcome saloon. The first order of business for the newly formed government was to pass a tippler’s law, prohibiting the sale of alcohol.
In 1903 the Monrovia News was established. In the same year, the Pacific Electric was opened providing transportation to and from Los Angeles, making it possible for Monrovian homeowners to work in Los Angeles. In 1905 Carnegie funds became available and with the help of the Board of Trade, and the Monrovia Women’s Club, a bond issue was passed to purchase the Granite Bank Building to be used as a City Hall, and to acquire property for a public park. The Granite Building serves as the city hall, fire and police department facilities in 1961 and the fire department in 1974. In 1956, the old Carnegie library building was torn down and a new library was constructed. In March 2007, a new library was voted on by the people of Monrovia. It won with 70% yes votes. The library now has 190,000 books, a heritage room for historical documents, and areas for children, teens, and adults. A city council-manager type government was instituted in 1923. Monrovia was the home to the precursor to McDonald’s. In 1937, Patrick McDonald opened a food stand on Huntington Drive near the old Monrovia Airport called The Airdrome; it remained there until 1940, when he and his two sons, Maurice and Richard, moved the building 40 miles east to San Bernardino to the corner of West 14th Street and 1398 North E Street, renaming it McDonald’s. The Upton Sinclair House, home to activist and author Upton Sinclair, is located in Monrovia and is a National Historic Landmark. In 1995 Monrovia received the All America City Award from the National Civic League.
Monrovia Unified School District operates public schools. Monrovia High School was built in 1887. It was located where Monroe School now stands, and housed the entire elementary and high school student body. A new high school on the property now occupied by Clifton Middle School was erected in 1905, and in 1912 was greatly expanded by the addition of new buildings. In 1928 a high school to serve the communities of Monrovia, Arcadia and Duarte was built. The same structure now serves only Monrovia students, as the elementary and high school district were unified into one district in 1961. The district now has one high school, one continuation school, two middle schools and five elementary schools, and is part of the Citrus Community College District. There are three parochial schools in Monrovia.
Source: Monrovia on Wikipedia